DACC Pathway to Illinois Program
The DACC Pathway to Illinois program is an opportunity for qualifying Danville Area Community College students to gain guaranteed admission to specific correlating majors at the University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana and, while preparing to transfer, to integrate their time as full-time DACC students with resources at Illinois".
- Students must be enrolled at Danville Area Community College
- Admission is competitive to ensure that students entering the program are the most likely to succeed.
- * Students in the program will be able to gain admission to certain University of Illinois programs. After successful completion of the DACC Pathway to Illinois program, participants will be guaranteed admission to the specific correlating University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign major.
- Students must enroll in the DACC Pathway to Illinois program by the time 30 graded hours have been earned at the community college. **
- * Guaranteed Admission will be offered to participating students to an Illinois major if all requirements have been met as posted in the Transfer Handbook: www.transferhandbook.illinois.edu The competitiveness of admission to certain programs will depend on the quality of the applicant pool, which may vary from year to year. Participants must complete the same coursework as stated in the Transfer Handbook that is required of transfer applicants by major. Dropping or failing to pass required course(s) will jeopardize program standing.
- Students must complete 60 transferable hours of college credit at the community college.
- Participants receive personalized academic counseling.
- Students may terminate their participation in the program at any time.
**DACC Pathway to Illinois is but one way for students to plan their transfer program. Illinois will continue to welcome Danville Area Community College students’ transfer applications to all colleges. DACC will continue to support students’ efforts to transfer to Illinois and other institutions with a wide variety of resources.
PATHWAY TO ILLINOIS APPOINTMENT DATES:
Holly Herrera, UofI Rep. for the Pathway to Illinois Program, will be available to schedule appointments with students on the DACC campus for the following dates:
- Thursday, May 13
- Friday, September 19
- Friday, October 17
- Friday, November 14
To schedule appointments, students should contact Holly directly by telephone at 217-333-4710, or by email at email@example.com.
For More Information:
Programs of Study:
To discuss the DACC Pathway to Illinois opportunity, please contact DACC's Advisement and Counseling Office at (217) 443-8750