Search Course IDs and descriptions for:
Note: some or all of the courses in the subjects
marked as "Transfer" can be used towards a transfer degree: Associate of Science
and Arts or Associate of Engineering Science at DACC. Transferability for
specific institutions and majors varies. Consult a counselor for
Areas of Study
| MATT104 syllabus
|COURSE NUMBER: ||MATT104|
|COURSE TITLE:||Business Mathematics|
|SEMESTER CREDIT HOURS:||3|
|CONTACT HOURS:||Lecture 3|
Business mathematical exercises and problems. Units of study will include decimals, fractions, banking, payroll records, taxes, percents in business, commission, discounts and markup. Other areas of study will include credit interest, installment buying, and depreciation.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Upon completion of this course the student will:
- Solve basic math equations using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percent’s, and equations.
- Determine percent increase and decrease using markup and markdown applications.
- Apply use of annual percentage rate and annual percentage yield to problems in finance.
- Maintain checking accounts and prepare bank reconciliations.
- Solve problems which involve the simple interest formula.
- Prepare invoices and calculate trade and cash discounts.
- Calculate markup and markdowns.
- Calculate periodic payments.
- Solve problems involving installment and discount buying with cash and credit.
TEXTBOOK / SPECIAL MATERIALS:
- Fundamental Review
- Decimals, Fractions, and Percentages
- Accounting Applications
- Percentage Applications
- Interest Applications
Practical Business Math Procedures, Slater, 11th e. pub McGraw-Hill
See bookstore website for current book(s) at http://www.dacc.edu/bookstore
Exams 90% of Final Grade.
Attendance 10% of Final Grade.