Search Course IDs and descriptions for:
Note: some or all of the courses in the subjects
marked as "Transfer" can be used towards a transfer degree: Associate of Science
and Arts or Associate of Engineering Science at DACC. Transferability for
specific institutions and majors varies. Consult a counselor for
Areas of Study
| BMGT244 syllabus
|COURSE NUMBER: ||BMGT244|
|COURSE TITLE:||Digital Marketing|
|SEMESTER CREDIT HOURS:||2|
|STUDENT ENGAGEMENT HOURS:||90|
|DELIVERY MODE:||Online |
This course is an introduction to the growing arena of Digital Marketing featuring Social Media, which comprise the area of New (emerging) Media. The course reviews how businesses engage connected consumers using Digital Media that features social media channels and owned content. The course will explore the exciting innovations and practices in digital media and customer engagement. Digital media has changed the way brands and businesses utilize technology for customer acquisition. Digital Marketing components are forefront and instrumental in a company’s overall marketing strategy. The course focuses on all major digital platforms including social media, mobile, Search (paid and organic), content marketing, and other forms of digital media.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop successful written, and digital communication skills essential for a career in digital marketing including social media marketing.
- Apply digital marketing methods to select the best digital & social media tools for the target audience to achieve optimum results.
- Develop and produce creative solutions and effective strategy for a variety of advertising needs and media.
- Develop evaluation skills in selection of effective digital methods and tools, documents and advertisements that follow the principles of good visual design and advertising industry standards.
- Understand the need to identify cultural, global and societal influences to advertising.
- Possess an understanding of social trends that influence digital and social media tools and strategy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current digital tools, techniques, hardware and software commonly employed in the advertising profession.
TEXTBOOK / SPECIAL MATERIALS:
- Social Media Marketing
- Identifying Targeting Audiences
- Rules of Engagement for SMM
- Social Media Platforms
- Content Creation and Sharing, Blogging, Streaming
- Video Marketing
- Marketing on Photo Sharing Sites
- Discussion, News, Social Bookmarking
- Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing on Social Networks
- Social Media Marketing and Planning
- Tools for Managing Social Media Marketing
See bookstore website for current book(s) at https://www.dacc.edu/bookstoreEVALUATION:
A point system will be utilized to calculate classroom performance. Checkpoints, projects, case studies, final exam, miscellaneous assignments, and participation points will be assigned. Total points will be determined for the semester. The following percentages will be used to assign grades.
90-100% = A
80-89% = B
70-79% = C
60-69% = D
59-below = F
|STUDENT CONDUCT CODE:||Membership in the DACC community brings both rights and responsibility. As a student at DACC, you are expected to exhibit conduct compatible with the educational mission of the College. Academic dishonesty, including but not limited to, cheating and plagiarism, is not tolerated. A DACC student is also required to abide by the acceptable use policies of copyright and peer-to-peer file sharing. It is the student’s responsibility to become familiar with and adhere to the Student Code of Conduct as contained in the DACC Student Handbook. The Student Handbook is available in the Information Office in Vermilion Hall and online at: https://www.dacc.edu/student-handbook|
|DISABILITY SERVICES:||Any student who feels s/he may need an accommodation based on the impact of a disability should contact the Testing & Academic Services Center at 217-443-8708 (TTY 217-443-8701) or stop by Cannon Hall Room 103. Please speak with your instructor privately to discuss your specific accommodation needs in this course.|