Armed Intruder/Active Shooter
Preparedness and Response for Business & Industry
at Danville Area Community College
Armed Intruder/Active Shooter Training for Business & Industry will be held at Danville Area Community College in the Bremer Conference Center Rm 109/110 on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. This training is presentated in partnership with Danville Po-lice Department with the presentation by Commander Chris Yates. Cost is $35 per person and 10% discout for 5 participants or more. Includes light refreshments and training materials.
Provide an awareness level training for your employees and create a more confident work envi-ronment in the event of a critical incident.
This training is delivered in partnership with local law enforcement who serve your community and business. In this training, you will develop an understanding for the dynamics of critical inci-dents/workplace violence and how to take the appropriate steps to create your own safety re-sponse plan. You will understand the basics of what you need to do upon a police critical incident response.
Participants will learn:
• Terminology and Concepts of workplace violence
• Historical data concerning causes of workplace violence
• Dynamics of violent critical incidents
• Early detection of at-risk employees
• Detection of suspicious “Stranger” threats
• How “Stranger” and "Acquaintance" violence can affect your workplace
• How to create a “Location Specific” safety plan
• Active Shooter Response
• How to maintain a relaxed and healthy but vigilant work environment through individual and team confidence
To register employees, call 217-554-1628, email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address or online registration form at https://www.dacc.edu/cce/cct/training/registration
All registration fees are invoiced upon training completion.