Records Needed

Records Needed

Admissions and Records

What Records Do You Need to Send to DACC for Admission?

  1. Official high school transcript (where you graduated from); or General Education Development (G.E.D.) scores
  2. Official transcript from any other institution(s) of higher education that you previously attended.

Note: International Students have additional required records. Please see International Students for more information.

What is the Easiest Way to Send the Required Records to DACC?

High School Transcripts: Contact the administration office or counseling office of the high school you graduated from via mail or phone. Follow the request guidelines below to help the high school. If your high school no longer exists, the county education center in the area that you graduated from will most likely have records.

GED Records:

If you received your GED at Danville Area Community College or in Vermilion County Illinois, please contact the Regional Office of Education, 200 S. College, Suite B, Danville, IL  61832 or by calling (217) 431-2668.  An official transcript must be given to the Records Office, which is a copy that comes directly from the Office of Education with your passing scores.  If you received your GED in any other county or state, please contact that county’s Regional Office of Education to have your GED mailed directly to the Records Office, DACC, 2000 E. Main Street, Danville, IL 61832.

Other College/University: Contact the Records Office of the college or university you attended via mail or phone. Follow the request guidelines below to help the high school. Call ahead to inquire about any fees required with the request.

What to Put in Your Request for Transcript(s)

When writing (or faxing) an institution to request a transcript to be sent somewhere, please include the following information:

  • Your Name and any previous names
  • Your Social Security Number (which is generally used as a student I.D. number)
  • Your Address and Phone Number (in case they need to contact you)
  • What year you attended the school or received your GED
  • Where you want the transcript sent to
  • Include any fee that is required (if any). Note: This should be a personal check, cashier's check, or money order. Do NOT send cash.

You may also use the Request for Transcript form noted below by printing it out and sending it to the appropriate school. Please note that this asks the school to send the transcript to DACC.

Transcript Request