Grade Reports & Grade Change Policy

Grade Reports & Grade Change Policy


Grade Reports & Grade Change Policy

The final semester grades are determined by the instructors, according to the grades the student earns in all phases of class work: class discussions, tests, daily work, laboratory work, reports, term papers, and the semester examinations. Final grades should reflect consistent improvement as well as averaged grades.

If you have any questions about your grades, please call the Records Office at 217-443-8797 or within 30 days of the graded semester. Grade changes will only be considered during the 30 day time period after the semester ends. A form is also required to assist with the process: Grade Change Form

If the course you’ve completed is an approved repeat, the higher grade earned will be used to compute the cumulative grade point average. Please note, colleges and universities that students transfer to have different repeat policies. They may use both grades and average them, take the first grade only, or use the best grade (similar to DACC). For more information on course repeats, see the Repeating a Course information on the Records web pages.

The Grievance Resolution Procedure does not apply when students are disputing a course grade given by an instructor. Both the Higher Learning Commission and the Illinois Community College Board consider the grading and the assessment of student learning as the responsibility of the faculty member who is with the student every course session. If a student disputes their course grade, they must first meet with the faculty member. If there is no satisfactory resolution, the student may then meet with the respective Division Dean followed by the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services. Following the recommendations from these meetings, the student may request in writing that a Grade Appeal Panel consisting of the Instructor, the Division Dean, a second Academic representative, and the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services will meet to consider the grade appeal. The decision of this panel is final concerning any and all grade disputes and appeals. Students must appeal a grade within 30 days after the grade has been issued by the instructor.

For complete information contact:

Danville Area Community College
Records, Vermilion Hall
2000 East Main Street
Danville, Illinois 61832
(217) 443-8797